April’s spring lamb with parsley and walnut pesto
- 25g (1oz) parsley
- 50g (1 ¾ oz) walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 25g (1oz) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 individual double loins of lamb boned, rolled and tied
- 450g (1lb) new potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced (no thicker than a pound coin)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6).
Heat the remaining two tablespoons of the oil in a roasting pan then add the potatoes, tossing to coat them in the oil. Season well. Carefully place the loins of lamb on top of the potatoes and roast in the oven for 35-40 mins. Check towards the end of cooking that the potatoes and lamb are done to your liking. Serve with a selection of fresh seasonal vegetables from the garden.