- 1 medium swede about 600g/1lb 6oz, peeled and cut into chunks
- 500g/1lb 2oz parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 25g/1 oz butter and some extra
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g/7oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 thyme sprigs with leaves stripped
The Gardener's Journal is a free monthly gardening guide delivered direct to your inbox.
Each month, receive tips on the top jobs needed in your garden as well as a wealth of information on a range of gardening topics. From sowing seeds to picking fruit, each month get access to information on the care and maintenance of your flowerbeds, vegetable plot and lawn. As with your own gardening diary, the journal is split into separate sections, each covering a different area of garden care.