- Take spring cuttings of tender bedding plants such as pelargoniums, marguerites and petunias
- Grow perennials from seed, lupins, pinks, delphiniums
- Plant and move snowdrops, winter aconites and hardy cyclamen
- Split polyanthus after flowering to make several plants
- Plant layered carnations, chrysanthemums, dahlias, pansies and violas
- Propagate rock plants by division
- Under glass pot on azaleas, camellias and marguerites
- Sow under glass a list as long as you like from antirrhinums to delphiniums, dianthus to hollyhocks and penstemons to verbenas and everything in between
- See on the seed packets on display in the garden centre when to sow
The Gardener's Journal is a free monthly gardening guide delivered direct to your inbox.
Each month, receive tips on the top jobs needed in your garden as well as a wealth of information on a range of gardening topics. From sowing seeds to picking fruit, each month get access to information on the care and maintenance of your flowerbeds, vegetable plot and lawn. As with your own gardening diary, the journal is split into separate sections, each covering a different area of garden care.