- Dead head naturalized bulbs such as daffodils before they form seed heads, to keep them healthy
- Prick out and pot on seedlings to save overcrowding
- Divide sprouted dahlia tubers and pot them on
- Stop early flowering chrysanthemums by pinching out the growing tips
- Rake moss from the lawn
- Trim lavender
- Tidy salvias when new shoots appear
- Plant violas and pansies that have been hardened off
- Feed roses with a dressing of compound fertiliser
- Stake tall perennials
- Attend to the pond Plant sweet peas raised in the greenhouse if hardened off
The Gardener's Journal is a free monthly gardening guide delivered direct to your inbox.
Each month, receive tips on the top jobs needed in your garden as well as a wealth of information on a range of gardening topics. From sowing seeds to picking fruit, each month get access to information on the care and maintenance of your flowerbeds, vegetable plot and lawn. As with your own gardening diary, the journal is split into separate sections, each covering a different area of garden care.