The Gardener's Journal is a free monthly gardening guide delivered direct to your inbox.
Each month, receive tips on the top jobs needed in your garden as well as a wealth of information on a range of gardening topics. From sowing seeds to picking fruit, each month get access to information on the care and maintenance of your flowerbeds, vegetable plot and lawn. As with your own gardening diary, the journal is split into separate sections, each covering a different area of garden care.
Thursday, 9 May 2013
A treat using fresh broad beans as soon as they are ready, probably later in May, early June,and for a short time. Of course you can do this dish at any time with frozen broad beans, but that’s not quite the same is it? This serves 6.
- 2kg/4lb leg of lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 250ml/8fl oz chicken stock
- 500g/1lb broad beans (shelled weight)
- 2 tsp thyme, freshly chopped
- Roast, boiled new potatoes or other potatoes and garden vegetables of your choice.