A warming sausage and two bean casserole
- 150ml/5fl oz olive oil
- 8 pork sausages
- 2 x 400g/14oz tinned cannellini beans
- 2 x 400g/14oz tinned borlotti beans
- 4 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 carrots, finely chopped
- 4 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 400ml/14fl oz boiling water
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt to taste
Empty all the tinned beans into a colander and wash with cold water. Take a large saucepan with lid, heat the olive oil and fry the sausages, garlic, rosemary and chilli flakes for just one minute then add the celery and carrots and keep frying for about three minutes. Add all the beans and the boiling water, seasoning with salt. Cover and simmer for 20 mins on a low heat.
Remove from the heat, take out the sausages and cut them into quarters. Pop them back into the pan along with the cherry tomatoes and simmer for ten minutes without the lid. The sauce should thicken nicely. Serve with hot garlic bread.