Carrot and coriander soup
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- A small onion chopped
- A teaspoon of coriander seeds crushed
- One pound of carrots sliced
- 760ml/26 fl.oz/three cups of vegetable stock
- A generous bunch of fresh coriander chopped, with some reserved for garnish
Oh simplicity! Take a large, heavy bottomed pan and pour in the olive oil over a medium heat, add onion and crushed coriander seeds, reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until the onion is soft but don’t brown. Stir occasionally. It will take about five minutes. Add the carrots and cook again covered, about 15 to 20 minutes, stir periodically. Add the vegetable stock and bring back to the boil.
Pour into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth, seasoning with sea salt and pepper to taste. Return to a pan, stir in chopped coriander and reheat, keeping it low. Serve with coriander garnish and fresh baked bread if you can.