Grow your own way
Sow late broccoli, peas, maincrop beetroot, dwarf beans, sweet corn and plant out winter greens such as Brussels sprouts and cauliflower that are hardened off.
Pot on and harden off capsicums and aubergines and keep sowing successions of lettuce, carrots and onions. Soon you’ll have a cornucopia of vegetables to follow your harvest of asparagus from second or third year established beds. Or simply grow some tomatoes in the greenhouse and harvest the fruits of your labours for your summer barbecues.
- Earth up early potatoes
- Sow bush marrows and courgettes in warm soil
- Plant out winter greens,
- Plant out celeriac raised from seed in March
- Protect brassica seedlings
- Cover strawberry beds with clean straw
- Thin peaches and nectarines
- Mulch fruit trees