May the force be with you
If you can sow under glass, in a frame or greenhouse, try carrots, onions and radishes, French beans, lettuces, mustard and cress.
Plant fruit trees or if space is limited why not grow some standards on a patio for a crop of apples, cherries, pears and plums next year? You can lift and store leeks in a bucket of compost in the greenhouse or shed. They are best lifted after a good frost.
Seasonal crops include Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, celeriac, kohlrabi, leeks, parsnips and spinach. If you haven’t grown these and want a harvest next year consider them in your rotation plan.
- Plant fruit trees and bushes
- Protect cauliflowers
- Keep chicory that is forcing at about 13°C (55°F).
- Prune back early and maincrop vines
- Firm down new plantings that have lifted in frost
- Plant new blackberry canes and prune old ones