Roasted butternut squash with chilli, spinach & peanuts
- 2tbsp gochujang
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tbsp fish sauce (replace with soy sauce if veggie/vegan)
- 2 butternut squash, about 2kg, peeled, halved and seeded
- 300g baby spinach leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 50g roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200˚C/fan oven 180˚C/mark 6. In a large bowl, mix together the gochujang, oil and fish sauce. Cut the squash into 2cm cubes. Tip into the bowl and toss to coat the pieces in the spice paste.
- Divide the squash evenly between 2 roasting tins. If you cram it all together, the squash will steam and become soggy.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, then turn the squash and roast for a further 20-25 minutes, until soft and browned around the edges.
- Divide the spinach leaves between the roasting tins and roast for 5 minutes. Tip the contents of the roasting tins into a large serving bowl and pour over the lime juice. Scatter over the peanuts just before serving, preferably with a dry Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc.