- Prepare lawn sites to be turfed
- Order bedding plug plants to grow on in the greenhouse
- Start dahlia tubers into growth in the greenhouse
- Plant hardy climbers if the soil is not too waterlogged
- Take root cuttings of acanthus, eryngiums, Japanese anemones, oriental poppies and phlox
- Hard prune ivy on walls
- Take care of indoor plants – pot on if needed
- Plant lily bulbs in well-drained soil in a sunny spot or plant in pots in the greenhouse
- Dig over the vegetable garden
The Gardener's Journal is a free monthly gardening guide delivered direct to your inbox.
Each month, receive tips on the top jobs needed in your garden as well as a wealth of information on a range of gardening topics. From sowing seeds to picking fruit, each month get access to information on the care and maintenance of your flowerbeds, vegetable plot and lawn. As with your own gardening diary, the journal is split into separate sections, each covering a different area of garden care.