- Sow globe artichokes, spinach, carrots, turnips kohl rabi, radishes, lettuces, spring onions, summer cabbages and cauliflowers.
- Plant onion sets
- Feed spring cabbages
- Protect early potatoes and plant second-early and maincrop
- Plant out vegetable seedlings (greenhouse raised and cold frame hardened) around mid April but watch out for frosts
- Sow winter greens, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage
- Sow marrow, ridge cucumbers, melons in a greenhouse
- Sow runner beans, endive
- Get asparagus beds ready
- Dig celery trenches and prepare beds for cucumbers, marrows and tomatoes
The Gardener's Journal is a free monthly gardening guide delivered direct to your inbox.
Each month, receive tips on the top jobs needed in your garden as well as a wealth of information on a range of gardening topics. From sowing seeds to picking fruit, each month get access to information on the care and maintenance of your flowerbeds, vegetable plot and lawn. As with your own gardening diary, the journal is split into separate sections, each covering a different area of garden care.