- Sow broad beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflowers, dwarf French beans, kale, kohl rabi, lettuces, onions, parsley, parsnips, peas, radishes, seakale, shallots, spinach, Swedes, tomatoes and turnips
- Grow ‘mini-veg’ if space is scarce
- Make succession sowings of summer cabbages and cauliflowers
- Freeze extra vegetables such as spinach, Swiss chard and beans for the winter
- Store carrots and beetroot in boxes of garden compost in the garage or shed
- Start globe artichokes, sweet corn and courgettes
- Plant out any peas you started off indoors
- Divide chives and re-plant in a warm, sheltered position
- Plant asparagus
- Grow on under glass broad beans sown indoors
- Cover rhubarb with forcing buckets or pots to encourage long, tender stalks
- Under glass sow asparagus, cucumbers, dwarf French beans, leeks, lettuces, marrows, melons, onions, parsley, peas, rhubarb, seakale, tomatoes
The Gardener's Journal is a free monthly gardening guide delivered direct to your inbox.
Each month, receive tips on the top jobs needed in your garden as well as a wealth of information on a range of gardening topics. From sowing seeds to picking fruit, each month get access to information on the care and maintenance of your flowerbeds, vegetable plot and lawn. As with your own gardening diary, the journal is split into separate sections, each covering a different area of garden care.